Subject: Bug in grf_cv.c localized!
To: amiga <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: amiga
Date: 12/03/1995 01:11:52
Some days ago, I reported a Bus Error during configuration of
grfcv0.

Now, after two days of debugging, I made it to localize the reason
for this crash:

The bus error is caused in cvattach(), while determining the size
of the RAM on the CV64. I have a 2MB CV64, so that cv_has_4mb()
writes some test patterns to non existent memory - Bus Error!
Maybe Michael Teske and the other Cybervision testers have a CV64
with 4 MB Ram, so they never had problems.

After commenting out the cv_has_4mb() call and hardcoding a 2 MB
RAM size, the configuration of grfcv0 works!

Greetings,

-- _
_ // Frank      EMail: frank@phoenix.owl.de
\X/             IRC:   Phx @ #amiga(ger)