Subject: Loadbsd -n 1 (and my A3k)
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J DeBoer <sdeboer@uoguelph.ca>
List: amiga
Date: 12/01/1995 00:16:56
Hello everyone I wrote before the 1.1 release and received no response
but I figured oh well I'll wait for 1.1 and see if the problem still
persists, it has.

I have an A3000 with a GVP board in it.  4M ram on the mother board and
4M of simms on the GVP (2M chip).  I then attempt to use
'loadbsd -c 3000 -n 1 netbsd' and things proceed normally through the
kernel startup and through fsck'ing the drive on the GVP (my swap drive)
but then as soon as it goes to check the main drive on the builtin scsi
line the system crashes with putting characters in random places on my
screen.  These characters are obviously part of an error message saying
'bus error'  but there are no recognizable numbers or symbols amongst the
random mess that appears.   Could some please help me I am getting REALLY
tired of 4M  (my poor swap drive...)

		Thanks a bunch!

		Simon