Subject: re:Need Help for NetBSD-1.1 Install !
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: amiga
Date: 12/01/1995 04:55:18
Hello...

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

> > > root device> sd0
>                  ^^^
>   If you are actually entering this, you are not following the instructions
> correctly.

Ok, I am not doing this but I get a message that I saw in the first error
report of this topic, too: read only filesystem. In my case (I am
starting from scratch) I followed the installation documentation up to
the point after formatting the root und usr. Now I have to unpack the
sets after mounting the ados-Device. And there is the problem:

# mkdir /mnt/ados      ; No problem with it
# mount_ados /dev/sd0e /mnt/ados
mount_ados: mount: read-only filesystem

When I entered only mount, I got the list of the three drives mounted.
And the information behind / said: (local, read only)

What am I doing wrong? Did I miss an important remark in the near past
about this problem?

If it is necessary a few informations about my system: A4000/40, Quantum
Fireball with the first two partitions for the Amiga, the next ones for
NetBSD; Oktagon 2008 (Bad luck it is not supported), no graphics card.

TIA, Bjoern

P.S.: (Sorry, I did not copy the errors from the screen. I just rewrote
the message from memory. Of course I will copy it, if it is necessary).

Bj"orn Labitzke  /Hermit @cs.TU-Berlin.de         / 07 FF B4 5A 4D 11 8F 9F \
        E-Mail:  \       @Kellis.Berlinet.de  PGP \ 60 8E 09 1A 0C F5 50 12 /