Subject: A3000T Install problems.
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Cygnus <cygnus@nexus.net>
List: amiga
Date: 11/28/1995 19:24:44
  I have been tring to get NetBSD 1.1 to install on my A3000T with no
luck. I have correctly partitioned the HD with HDToolbox, etc. But, when
I type 'loadbsd -b netbsd' it finds the memory and then the screen goes
grey, as it should. It then displays some information about my hardware
and such, and also finds sd0 and lists the size, etc. of the hard drive.
However, when it gets to the prompt asking for root device it just hangs.
I entered 'sd0*' as the install docs outlined and went back and tried
'sd0' too. I then thought that maybe there was a problem with the kernel,
so I redownloaded the kernel and reinstalled the inst-11.fs file. But, it
yielded the same results. It will just hang right before it prompts me
for the root device or sometimes it will give me the prompt, but no
matter what I enter it will just hang.

  Also, I have successfully installed Amiga NetBSD 1.1 before with no
problems on the same machine, but I removed it due to a growing need for
HD space.

            ___
      /       /    /      /   / /  / /    /       / | Baltimore, MD  USA
               \_____/