Subject: Bootblock loader - updated version
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 11/25/1995 12:54:33
I've placed an updated version of my bootblock loader on
ftp.uni-regensburg.de.  If Hubert's around, it should be in the
experimental directory by the time this message gets out.

[The bootblock loader will allow booting NetBSD directly from the
NetBSD root partition without needing loadbsd, ixemul.library, and
starting AmigaDOS.  Assuming that the SCSI driver supports bootblock

The input timeout now uses timer.device, so it should be consistant
across all the Amiga systems.  The default timeout is now 5 seconds,
but is canceled on any keyboard input.

I've also included a simple configuration program that can be used
to change the default boot command, timeout, and the screen colors
(in case you don't like my colors :-)).  The cfgbb program will
modify the bootblock.bin file and recompute the checksum.

The bootbsd program is also included to allow loading the kernel
from any NetBSD partition (as long as the kernel pathname doesn't
have any links) and for use on systems that won't work with bootblock
loaders.  [My PPI Zeus won't boot using the bootblock loader, but since
it also doesn't autoconfigure the 32 bit memory, that's probably just
as well.]

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu