Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD
To: john duino <>
From: Michael L. Hitch <>
List: amiga
Date: 11/24/1995 18:28:06
On Nov 24,  2:57pm, john duino wrote:
> Amiga 4000/40
> 6MB 32bit RAM (2 chip + 4 fast)
> GVP A4008 SCSI/RAM card
> 8MB 16bit RAM (on A4008 card)
> I have attempted the install procedure both from the boot floppy and the
> loadbsd -b command.  I get a quick message about memory availability (it
> spots the 8megs on the A4008), then the screen goes solid gray and
> hangs.  I have tried the following kernels:

  Try adding the -p option to the loadbsd command.  I was never able
to get the memory on my GVP HardCard to work on NetBSD.  The -p option
will cause loadbsd to use the higest priority memory segment rather than
the largest.  This will restrict you to only the 4MB of 32 bit memory

Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:
Computer Consultant
Information Technology Center