Subject: Re: Misc changes for pre1.1
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Rob Leland <leland@freetocreate.cais.com>
List: amiga
Date: 11/20/1995 23:20:35

> Hello,
>
> this weekend i've installed the 1.1_ALPHA-2 snapshot from
> ftp.uni-regensburg.de:/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/bin-dist, and i've to say it
> works *very* well. There are a couple of small things that i'd like to
> see changed before The Release, though:
>
> - the sys.tar.gz seems to have re remains of a 'make obj' in it, but
>   it's not complete. It's best to remove the existing obj-dirs and
>   compile "in place":

The sys.tar.gz that ftp.netbsd.org will not have the obj directories,
these were left over from my build, oops :-} !

> - mkdir /usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/compile - otherwise config complains

This I removed before I made the snapshot of sys. I would expect the
release to have this, assuming source is provided for 1.1 and not just
a binary.

> - Has anyone checked out the Ram Disk device (-> rdconfig)?

We are missing this in our MAKEDEV file, and so is everone else
except hp300 port. Looking at the hp300 MAKEDEV I see:
rd*) name=rd, blk=2, chr=9

I'll try it and report back, if indeed we don't need amiga specific
kernel support for this.

My 'window' command does use '-----', hmm.

--
Robert Leland leland@freetocreate.cais.com          436 N. Monroe Street
+1-202-944-5325       (USA Work)                    Arlington, VA 22201-1738