Subject: Re: N*XTSTEP Window Manager!
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ezra Story <>
List: amiga
Date: 11/14/1995 22:54:42
> This is fantastic.  I never believed I'd see NetBSD-Amiga
> cranking in a pseudo-NeXT environment.

Cool, isn't it?

> Visit  'Bowman' is a
> great little window manager that mimics the Workspace Manager
> 256 colors.  That's the drawback; the window manager stuffs the
> colorspace pretty full at 8 bits.  Mosaic & XV work fine but xearth
> will choke.

Actually what I do if I want to use 8bits (I usually use 16bits, but
Xcl-16 is still liable to crash for me in that mode), is use static grey.
Otherwise known as monchrome NeXT emulation mode :-P. (The opt is -cc 0 to
the x server)

== Ezra Story -- -- Ezy@IRC -- ==
**  Small things come in large packages (with lots of foam peanuts).  **
^^     Take 2 every six hours or as directed by Angela Lansbury.      ^^