Subject: Re: N*XTSTEP Window Manager!
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ezra Story <ezy@panix.com>
List: amiga
Date: 11/14/1995 22:54:42
> This is fantastic.  I never believed I'd see NetBSD-Amiga
> cranking in a pseudo-NeXT environment.

Cool, isn't it?

> Visit http://www-acs.ucsd.edu/~byang/bowman.  'Bowman' is a
> great little window manager that mimics the Workspace Manager
> on NEXTSTEP.
>
> 256 colors.  That's the drawback; the window manager stuffs the
> colorspace pretty full at 8 bits.  Mosaic & XV work fine but xearth
> will choke.

Actually what I do if I want to use 8bits (I usually use 16bits, but
Xcl-16 is still liable to crash for me in that mode), is use static grey.
Otherwise known as monchrome NeXT emulation mode :-P. (The opt is -cc 0 to
the x server)

--
== Ezra Story -- ezy@panix.com -- Ezy@IRC -- http://www.best.com/~ezy ==
**  Small things come in large packages (with lots of foam peanuts).  **