Subject: RETINA_SPEED_HACK (Was Re: port-amiga/1746)
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Leland Root <root@freetocreate.cais.com>
List: amiga
Date: 11/12/1995 14:50:45
I had filed a problem report below about the RETINA_SPEED_HACK problem
that exists in the present code. I believe that as it exists
now 030 machines will vm_fault() if RETINE_SPEED_HACK **is not** defined,
and 040 machines will vm_fault() if RETINA_SPEED_HACK **is** defined.

It was my original impression that the code would work for all machines
if the RETINA_SPEED_HACK was defined, but I have since been corrected.

It would be nice if we could come up with a GENERIC kernel that works
for all Amiga's, my question is this:

Of the people that have a Retina are you using the RETINA_SPEED_HACK,
  and if you are, what CPU is your machine using.

Then hopefully we can get two volunteers to work with chris hopps to
resolve this problem.