Subject: Debugger /MMU fault(030)
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Leland Root <root@freetocreate.cais.com>
List: amiga
Date: 11/04/1995 18:15:45

> Anyone else have *any* core dump drop into  the debugger?  I must
> have done something wrong, but I don't know what.

Yes, I have spent the last several hours trying to use my backup root
file system to bootstrap myself back up. I have come across TWO seperate
problems.

The first is working with binaries built from Oct 26 sources. My system
kept core dumping with a MMU fault. It would happen whenever I ran
elm, mail, or after compiling several .c files. Ouch. I finally recopied
binaries I had in my backup root file system that were from September
and all was fine, (Didn't save the Oct 14 binaries). Not sure what was
happening, here perhaps somehow some of my crucial programs that are always
running didn't rebuild properly.

The SECOND problem is that Kernels that I build after Nov 2 do NOT
know about the ffs OR ufs file system. At first I thought I somehow muffed my
config file so I rebuilt a GENERIC kernel, same problem. I also built
a i386 system kernel and it knew the ffs and ufs file system so it is a amiga
specific problem, if not just my machine.

Now that I can bootup w/o a MMU fault, I am going to again try building
a new kernel, to see if the my first problem somehow caused my kernel
to build improperly.

> -s

-Rob