Subject: Re: difference between 1.0 and 1.1 filesystem?
To: Jim Shaffer <jshaffer@pennet.net>
From: Rob Leland <leland@freetocreate>
List: amiga
Date: 11/01/1995 23:42:35

> I've been running the 1.0 kernel with no problems.  I just downloaded
> the 1.1 alpha kernel, and during the boot process it says 'filesystem
> not clean, run fsck' and then my drives end up read-only.  fsck never
> reports any other errors under either kernel, so I was wondering what
> this meant.  Is there some serious difference between the 1.0 and 1.1
> kernels?

Try starting up in single-user mode. Then run fsck from there. From that point
you'll probably be ok.

> PS to paragraph 1: I haven't copied the new kernel to /netbsd because
> I can't mount my amigados partitions onto a read-only bsd filesystem.

Did you boot with the new kernel which sounds like it is still on the
Amiga OS side?

If you did then all you need to then do is to
'mount -a'
'update'    to be safe
Then you should be able to mount your amiga dos and copy
your 1.1 kernel over.

When you updated your sources you could have copied the new kernel
to /netbsd-1.1-alpha. I usually keep several kernels in my '/' just
in case I muff a build. My /netbsd is a soft link to whatever kernel
I want to run. That way you can 'loadbsd bsd_root:netbsd-1.1-alpha'
or 'loadbsd bsd_root:netbsd-another-kernel' etc...

-Rob