Subject: difference between 1.0 and 1.1 filesystem?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jim Shaffer <jshaffer@pennet.net>
List: amiga
Date: 11/01/1995 17:31:10
I've been running the 1.0 kernel with no problems.  I just downloaded
the 1.1 alpha kernel, and during the boot process it says 'filesystem
not clean, run fsck' and then my drives end up read-only.  fsck never
reports any other errors under either kernel, so I was wondering what
this meant.  Is there some serious difference between the 1.0 and 1.1
kernels?

Also, when the complete 1.1 release arrives, will there be a way provided
to upgrade only the files that have changed from 1.0, or will I have to
re-install the whole system?

Jim

PS to paragraph 1: I haven't copied the new kernel to /netbsd because
I can't mount my amigados partitions onto a read-only bsd filesystem.