Subject: SBIC (a3000, gvpscsi, 2091)
To: None <chopps@water.emich.edu>
From: Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
List: amiga
Date: 11/01/1995 00:12:31
I vote for keeping the SBIC driver as is, although I think that it should
either be modified to disable sync mode on an unit basis, OR make disable
sync mode a kernel configuration parameter.  I have an A3000/25, with an
updated (xxx-8) SCSI chip, using a Seagate 330 MB drive, and Q105, Q540, and
Q730 drives, a Wangtek 6150, and a Toshiba 3401 CDROM drive.  I was able to
use sync mode on all of the drives until I added the Toshiba, at which point
I had to inhibit sync.

I will probably stop using NetBSD again if the driver reverts to the old one.
I felt that it was nearly unusable when it did not support SCSI reselect,
because keyboard input was very unreliable and slow.