Subject: Re: How should I configure NetBSD?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 10/31/1995 08:39:25
Geert Uytterhoeven (Geert.Uytterhoeven@CS.kuleuven.ac.be) wrote:
: I think it's time for a NetBSD loader like amiga-lilo (amiga-LInux-LOader)...

Ah, but we HAVE an real boot loader menu built into our ROMs... in OS3.1
ROMs, its even advertized, but I remember there is a hidden button in
the OS2.04 ROMs (somewhere in the lower left? lower right? of the screen
you get when pressing both outer mouse buttons ... no, make that: MB1
and MB3 (are there 4 button mice?) while booting).

Whats still missing is a real boot loader. I know people who faked it by
putting the necessary files into /S (which is automounted through an
RDB-installed bffshandler), s.th. like: an 3 line startup-sequence, copy of
loadbsd, copy of ixemul.library, copy of assign (you need an env: to
start ixemul).

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis