Subject: Re: SBIC (a3000, gvpscsi, 2091)
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
List: amiga
Date: 10/31/1995 09:12:24
> The old one, in more than a year of heavy use on two machines, never hung for
> me.  Not once.  The new one hung wuthin 20 minutes consistently, no matter
> what options I used.  It will hang within 5 minutes of access on my A3000
> at home.  (I periodically try to read CD-ROMS, and my CD-ROM drive won't
> talk to a Warp Engine.)

	In 4 other 3000's I work with, in addition to my own, the new driver
	hasn't caused a single problem and HAS shown a speed increase over
	the old driver PLUS it supports disconnect/reconnect for those
	of us who have to use obnoxious backup media. The other 3000's
	are -04 or -08 rev controllers, mine is a -08. There is a mix of
	Buster and other CHIP revs in the machines.

	None of the 3000's are accelerated, all have 16M FAST and all
	only use Seacrate drives. (we have local connections from the
	old Impremis/CDC days in the metro area.) The tape drives
	are the C= 3070 and a Fly By Night Industrys DAT unit.

	Again, NO problems on these machines and 3 of the 5 get the snot
	pounded handily out of them due to the lack of CPU in an unaccelerated
	3000. B^(.

	I would bet the malfunctions originate from ratty SCSI equipment, ratty
	SCSI cabling/termination or the interference of the accelerator.

		-Rob