Subject: GVP Spectrum + 1.1 problems
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kerry Paulson <kerry@asylum.magic.mb.ca>
List: amiga
Date: 10/27/1995 01:52:28
  I've been running NetBSD with the cirrus console option and Xcl for months
with no problems.  I have been using a 800X600 console defined in
/etc/grfmodes until the 1.1 alpha kernel.  This worked fine with 1.0A but now
I just get a black screen with wavy lines.  The default screen opens at bootup,
but I cannot define new modes, has the format of the mode definitions file
changed?

  I am using the new grfconfig and it works fine with my 1.0A kernel.  I tried
using a kernel I compiled myself (Oct 23 sources) and the 1.1A generic kernel
which was released, both experience the same problem.  Have I missed some
important step in upgrading to 1.1A?

Kerry