Subject: Random crashes.
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mister Gandalf <mgandalf@epix.net>
List: amiga
Date: 10/26/1995 15:24:07
I have an A3000 w/16megs of RAM.  I have, in the past, installed NetBSD on my system with no trouble.  I have recently had motherboard problems and now I can't seem to get NetBSD installed again.  I get random crashes usually caused by an FFS error.  Some errors are illegal instructions, some MMU trouble.  I have tried three CPU cards, all '040's and none have cured the problem, so I know it's not a CPU problem.

Does anyone know what chip on the MB might be causing this?  I have traded off the CIA's, the Denise, and the Paula and none have gotten me anywhere.  My system runs Amiga software well, but also crashes under SS now when it once didn't.

Please help, Mister Gandalf.

                  Straight form the FOREVER crashing computer!

                       Mentasm FTP/HTTP coming soon!
              A3000, 68040/25mhz, 16megs, 2.1gig, Ethernet

                         Mac, Unix, PC, Amiga