Subject: NetBSD 1.1_ALPHA
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Leland Root <root@freetocreate>
List: amiga
Date: 10/22/1995 01:47:13
I have created a snapshot of NetBSD 1.1_ALPHA and uploaded it to:
ftp://uni-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/incoming

This is just a snapshot, and carries no guarantees that all
components work. All I can say is that I am running it on my
A3000.

This is a snapshot from Oct 18 7:30EST sup,
The kernel was built from sources supped on Oct 21,
since the Oct 18 sources for amiga kernel did not compile cleanly.

If upgrading from a release older than June, install
the netbsd-generic kernel first or your dynamically
linked executables ie (/usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /usr/libexec)
will not work with an old kernel. The new kernel will work
with the old binaries.

I have included 3 kernels the first:
netbsd-generic - is the standard generic kernel
The second is:
netbsd-generic-lev6 - This has Markus Wilds compile options to eliminate
	              silo overflows when working with high speed connections.
		      I work with 28.8 or so with no problem. Beware though
		      this may cause some problems with some SCSI or serial cards.

The third:
netbsd-a3000 - is for users of A3000 systems, it has no support for graphic cards other
               than the native chip set. It offers a smaller memory foot print.

As always use the 'tar --unlink -xzvf <tar file>

This code does NOT contain DES code to the best
of my knowledge.

-Rob Leland, leland@freetocreate.cais.com