Subject: Re: ASDG dual serial board
To: H}kan Th|rngren <hth@iar.se>
From: Michael Teske <teske@y4me.desy.de>
List: amiga
Date: 10/11/1995 15:55:48
On Wed, 11 Oct 1995, H}kan Th|rngren wrote:

> Zilog Z8530, there are 6 and 8 MHz version boards, mine belongs to the
> latter.  This chip is also used in SUN3/50s and SUN3/60s.
> It *should* be possible to sort of take the SUN device driver for NetBSD
> and change it with minor fuzz, provided that you know what you are
> doing.. :-)
> But I do not know how to get the address from the Zorro bus, nor how I
> interface it among the other Amiga device drivers.

On Amigados via expansion.library/FindConfDev(), for NetBSD, look into
/sys/arch/aniga/dev/zbus.c. All you need ist Prod./Man.-IDs, which you'll
get using showconfig (in sys:tools, I think).

> How do I find product-id?  (That is for the board, right?)
> ASDG made this board, if that helps with the manufacturer id...

See above.

> I have an A3000 running NetBSD 1.0, slighty patched to get rid of the
> worst bugs.  I am prepared to invest time in getting it running with
> this serial board, but I need some help getting started.. :-(

Oh, 1.0? There Zorro Bus routines are different AFAIK, but similar.

--
Michael Teske (teske@dice2.desy.de)