Subject: Re: Ariadne ethernet card
To: None <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: None <bsieker@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 10/06/1995 12:38:23
> Date: Fri, 6 Oct 1995 11:28:41 +0100
> From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
>
> > I was just wondering if the Ariadne ethernet card from Village Tronic is
> > supported. Maybe in -current ? Or has someone written a driver for 1.0 ?
>
> I don't know if it's in -current, but check out
> ftp.uni-regensburg.de:/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/experimental/Ariadne-*

It's been in -current for quite a while and works fine. Though I found
it annoying that it prints tons of "extra tint" messages to the
console using "printf()". This problem appeared for Matthias Scheler
(A4000/040) and me (A3000/040) on the Paderborn Meeting last
weekend. Both computers have an A3640. It does not seem to appear on
the author's (Bernd Ernesti) Machine (Warp-Engine 3040, I think).

There were patches for 1.0, I think they should be on Regensburg; I
ran this allegedly buggy driver with 1.0 for some months and it worked
fine most of the time.

> Hubert
>
> --

	Bernd