Subject: Re: A4000T SCSI
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 10/06/1995 09:54:44
Matthias Scheler (tron@lyssa.owl.de) wrote:

: you wrote in <59262058@tiger.teuto.de>:
: > I know that, read my text again. I just promised to pass the info.
:
: You could have told him that his information isn't of any value.
:
: > > And of course "LoadBSD" must be modified to recognize the A4000T
: > > (How?) because you can't find its hostadapter via autoconfig.

The mainbus0 would just call the A4000T SCSI driver frontend probe if it
detects an A4000 machine of any kind. And the driver frontend, which needs
to know about the addresses anyway, could test some register values or
similar stuff.

: > How is it done in the A3000?

:
: There is no such problem with the A3000T because its SCSI hostadapter
: is compatible with the one in the A3000. And to identify an A3000 is
: not that difficult.

The method described by me above is what the A3000/T scsi driver
frontend does.

BTW, there is some other message in the list about s.b. (was it M.
Hitch?) who needs a guinea pig to test his A4000T scsi detection :-)

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis