Subject: wtfs: Input/output error
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wyatt Miler <>
List: amiga
Date: 10/05/1995 23:19:14
  I got this error when I tried to newfs my Syquest 270mb hard drive on sd3:

sd3(gtsc0:5:0): non-media hardward failure, info = 472 (decimal), data =
00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 03 99 00 58

followed by:

write errror: 128
wtfs: Input/output error

Now, I've been having problems with this drive ever since about the june
snapshot, and they have been getting worse. I'm currently running on the

A2000 w/GVP 22MHz Combo board, 8megs ram
2 270mb Syquest drives, 1 80 meg seagate, 1 250 meg seagate, and a nec 4x
cdrom drive on the end of the scsi chain <the 2 seagates hold amigaa stuff>.

The other syquest holds my root partition, and /usr stuff, and seems to
be working fine...

I'm running the july snapshot of NetBSD, _ANY_ help would be greatly

  - Wyatt -

MicroMUSE:   Vampire                 StormMUSE:   Vampire <Director>
    4201    3993
Thought:     Now that we know what VR is, what do we do with it?  :)
Disclaimer:  I don't claim to know everything, my opinions are my own,
             and nobody elses...