Subject: Re: metamail
To: Bernie Doehner NU1S <>
From: David Hopper <>
List: amiga
Date: 10/04/1995 21:55:47

> > Has anyone successfully compiled metamail on NetBSD?
> > I'd love to find it pre-compiled, because the code
> > from is complaining quite a bit, and I'm
> > baffled.
> If you primarly use elm on your system, in theory you can recompile
> elm to provide metamail capability. Only problem is that I have yet
> to get elm to cleanly compile on my FreeBSD/Intel system and my
> Linux/Intel systems. Anyone on here an elm compilation expert?

My problems were with an old source of metamail from gatekeeper,
not as I had thought.  The metamail 2.7 sources compile
cleanly (or near enough) on NetBSD (By the way, why is FreeBSD
so damn different?).  Elm 2.4pl23 is pre-compiled for
NetBSD-Amiga and is at  This
already has hooks to metamail, so we don't really have to worry
about recompiling elm (who did this in the first place?).
> Bernie (

Dave Hopper (