Subject: port-amiga/1537: ite forgets keymap on reinit and resets to builtin
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Blaz Zupan <blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si>
List: amiga
Date: 09/29/1995 12:05:57
>>Category:       port-amiga
>>Synopsis:       ite forgets keymap on reinit and resets to builtin default
>	When the ite part of a console is reinited due to a GRFIOCOFF, the
>	keymap is reset to the builtin default. The keymap set with loadkmap
>	is forgotten.

Not only the keymap, but also all the terminal settings. If I have
the keypad in application mode and go to X, after I quit out of X
the keypad is not in application mode (I can see this because the
PF1, PF2, ... keys don't work in JED).

>	Workaround: Do a loadkmap each time you exit the X server?

Impractical.

>	Should it be the X servers responsibility to restore the keymap which was
>	previously loaded (there is a ITEIOCGKMAP as well)?

I don't think so.

>	Else the ite.c should be changed to save/restore the keymap around reinit
>	events.

I think it should also save all the other settings of the terminal
and not just loose them.

Blaz

--
  Blaz Zupan, Ljubljanska 19/b, 62000 Maribor, Slovenia
        blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si, blaz@boing.jump.org