Subject: Setting up gateway...
To: None <wongj@rpi.edu>
From: None <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: amiga
Date: 09/27/1995 08:13:34
>>>>> "Jasper" == Jasper Y Wong <wongj@rpi.edu> writes:

Jasper> Hi, I've run into some problems when I'm setting up my Amiga
Jasper> 3000 as a gateway machine to an ISP.  The computer is running
Jasper> NetBSD v1.0 installed from Metting Pearls CD (II).  I've one
Jasper> modem line going out to an ISP and a few computers on the LAN
Jasper> with assigned IPs.  I used to use AmiTCP v4.2 on AmigaDOS3.1
Jasper> to act as a gateway and it worked great, so I know other
Jasper> computers have correctly configured.  Right now the Amiga can
Jasper> access both the outside world as well as local machines but
Jasper> local machines cannot get past the Amiga.  I've changed the
Jasper> parameters in /etc/netstart, gated is turned ON, routed_flags
Jasper> is using -g.  I haven't really changed anything else yet since
Jasper> I don't know what else to change.  The amiga is running PPP
Jasper> connection thru the modem and have a IP address of
Jasper> 205.246.11.91 for the a2065 ethernet card (netmask
Jasper> 255.255.255.248, broadcast 205.246.11.88).  The computer
Jasper> serves IPs from 88-95.  Does anyone know what am I missing?
Jasper> I'm pretty new in setting up unix boxes....any help will be
Jasper> greatly appreciated.

	I think that you'll find here that you have to compile packet
passing support into the kernel. I don't have netbsd in front of me,
but have a look through the config file... the option is grouped with
the other networking options.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, PCI, Inc., Richmond Hill      | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca               |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |