Subject: Setting up gateway...
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jasper Y. Wong <wongj@rpi.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 09/26/1995 14:32:28
Hi, I've run into some problems when I'm setting up my Amiga 3000 as
a gateway machine to an ISP.  The computer is running NetBSD v1.0 installed
from Metting Pearls CD (II).  I've one modem line going out to an ISP and
a few computers on the LAN with assigned IPs.  I used to use AmiTCP v4.2
on AmigaDOS3.1 to act as a gateway and it worked great, so I know other
computers have correctly configured.  Right now the Amiga can access both
the outside world as well as local machines but local machines cannot
get past the Amiga.  I've changed the parameters in /etc/netstart, gated
is turned ON, routed_flags is using -g.  I haven't really changed anything
else yet since I don't know what else to change.  The amiga is running PPP
connection thru the modem and have a IP address of 205.246.11.91 for the
a2065 ethernet card (netmask 255.255.255.248, broadcast 205.246.11.88).
The computer serves IPs from 88-95.  Does anyone know what am I missing?
I'm pretty new in setting up unix boxes....any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Jasper
wongj@rpi.edu