Subject: Re: sendmail problems with NetBSD-1.0
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Calvin <diavolo@azure.engin.umich.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 09/25/1995 23:15:37
Hi.  I wrote to you a while back about the wierd sendmail problem that
turned out to be a perms problem at the root level.  I think I might have
a guess of what happened to cause such a thing:

Hi people, I wrote a while back about a "wierd sendmail problem" that
later turned out to be a permissions problem at the "/" root level.  I
think I might have a guess of what happened to cause this.  This isn't
specifically NetBSD-Amiga related, but I'm following back up to the post
I made quite a whiles back.

the root home directory is:

/root

and in this directory are:

/root/.dotfiles

(such as .login, .cshrc...)

and if one wished to set perms on all of them at once, the obvious thing
to do is:

chmod perms .*

however, this will also set the same perms onto the / level.

Also, be careful with setting anything on ".*" (e.g., chown...)

--
 o/ \o/  o  <o   o  o   o    She walks in  beauty, like the night
<|   |  /|\  |> <|><|> <|\       Of cloudless climes and starry skies;