Subject: NetBSD and PPP
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Blaszyk <dvb@ycc.Kodak.COM>
List: amiga
Date: 09/22/1995 09:12:24
I was hoping that some PPP/network expert could clue me in on what I
am doing wrong.  NOTE: I have read the "Beginner's Guide To TCP/IP
Networking FAQ for NetBSD Amiga by Hubert Feyrer", but I still can't
get either SLIP and/or PPP to properly connect.

For PPP, when looking at the /var/log/messages files, I get the
following message:

	... line is in loopback...

This seems to mean that I have not set up my "routes" correctly, I
think, but I am not sure.

The questions that I have are, when I say ``netstat -r'' what should
the results look like?

>From memory, I think to output was:

	Destination		Gateway		Flags	Ref	Use Interface
	localhost		localhost	UG	0	??	lo0
	jacques.ycc.kodak.com	localhost	??	??	??	lo0

I guess the big question, is why is the "line" in loopback mode?

Me, the Network moron!
-dvb-