Subject: Re: 12 Guage
To: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Neville Duguid <nduguid@eastwind.livewire.com.au>
List: amiga
Date: 09/22/1995 00:40:51
On Sun, 17 Sep 1995, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

> 	binpatch -s _sci_no_dma=1 netbsd
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes! finally the solution that did the trick!

No problems at all with the 12-Gauge or CDR-25 now, and I am confident
the same would apply to any other type of drive plugged into the 12-Gauge
SCSI from now on.

> for the newer version of binpatch - if that command fails, try
> 	binpatch -s _sci_no_dma -r 1 netbsd
> Running the command again will show you if the patch was actually made

Yes, I also found that the -r switch, which you mentioned in a previous
msg, did not work with the official NetBSD 1.0 version that I am using.
It appeared to read the old value but did not change anything. (I also
found that I had to do the change on the Amiga side. The netpatch.bsdexe
version bombed out with 'ld.so: main: libc.so.1.1. No such file or
directory' -- possibly because I have not installed the entire distribution.
However that is hardly a problem now). Thanks for your help.

Regards,
-Neville