Subject: A2232 driver
To: NetBSD list <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@teeri.jmp.fi>
List: amiga
Date: 09/17/1995 22:52:20
I have fixed a few bugs in the A2232 driver.  Where could I upload it for
others to test it?  I'm running the new version on my -current system now
and it appears to work at 19200 bps (one port has been tested at 38400 bps
and it worked fine).

The driver now supports boards with a doubled baud generator crystal.
The crystal frequency is automatically detected when the board is
initialized and the baud tables are updated as necessary.

It seems that (at least) some of the 65EC02 CPU's used on the A2232 cards
are buggy.  The compare accumulator (CMP) instruction doesn't work properly
for all values in A.  I replaced the CPU on my A2232 and got rid of the
problem.  I will probably have to change the 65c02 code to better support
the faulty 65EC02 chips (or at least add a warning message when a buggy
chip is detected).  Sorry about this.

  -jm

--

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---