Subject: Re: Gateway Problems
To: Ari Yrjola <ayrjola@letku.hut.fi>
From: src <steve@scurvy.spc.uchicago.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 09/15/1995 12:46:14
Ari Yrjola said:

> Your sl0 and eth0 IP addresses are on the same subnet, can't work.
> With that configuration your ethernet interface subnet has addresses
> from 128.135.252.224 to 128.135.252.239, and your slip interface
> netmask overlaps with that, as it has addresses from 128.135.252.0
> to 128.135.252.255.
>
> I don't think you should use routed at all, as netbsd supports
> kernel routing. I haven't tried with SLIP, but I guess there
> is similar functionality with sliplogin or slattach as with pppd,
> which informs kernel about new route when it starts and removes
> the routing entry when it stops.

	Indeed...  I thought that might be the problem, but was told that
the differing netmasks would get the kernel to sort things out.
My amiga is now happily functioning as a gatway.  Thanks alot!

	Now if I could just get that cisco to listen to my routes, I'll
have a fully connected subnet.

--
//  Stephen Champion                   Freelance Programmer ;^)
//  schampion@hampshire.edu            Chicago, IL  USA