Subject: Getting X running on a Spectrum
To: amiga <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jody Fanning <jodyf@earthlight.co.nz>
List: amiga
Date: 09/15/1995 08:00:46
I tried posting this on the amiga-x list and didn't get any response.

How do you get X to run using a GVP Spectrum.

I have got all the files I thought I needed and still can't get it going.

I have the kernal off ftp.uni-regensburg.de, plus the Xamiga24 X server and
everything else I can find. I have installed the second latest X11R6 as well.

When the system boots it reports that the grfcl0 is on grf3 (or something
similar), but it says that the ite on grf3 is not configured. Plus there is no
grf3 in /dev.

Whenever I try starting X it usually reports no display modes.

I have had X going before with XamigaMono so that part is installed o.k.

--
 Jody Fanning           | Excerpts from the notebooks of Lazarus Long
 jodyf@earthlight.co.nz |  - "Always store beer in a dark place"