Subject: Displaymode number units
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 09/11/1995 09:42:30
Antti Miettinen (apm@kikka.hut.fi) wrote:
: >Can anyone please explain to me how to make new disaplaymodes for the
: >-current picasso driver?
:
: The following URL might help:
:
:         http://www.xfree86.org/3.1.1/VideoModes.html
:
: The params for the grf_cl are very similar to the xfree timing params.
: About the only difference is that grf_cl has the horizontal values
: divided by eight.

Which is a bad thing, IMHO... The grf_XX drivers should do all necessary
multiplications/divisions to normalize the units to pixels/lines (so
that an HW independent videomode editor might be written). As an
intermediate measure, I put a multiplication/division by two into the
grf_ul driver (whose hardware uses a factor of 16).

Opinions?

I might be persuaded to post a jumbo patch for all existing drivers, if
it is though a good idea.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis