Subject: Re: Multiple pppd's unit numbers
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 09/08/1995 09:38:43
Eric K. Miller (emiller@umcc.umcc.umich.edu) wrote:
:
: Hi,
:
: I have an Amiga 2000 and an Amiga 500.  The 2000 is running NetBSD-Current
: (the Aug. 20th snapshot) and has a MultiFace III card in it.  I want a PPP
: connection between the 500 and the 2000, _and_ a PPP connection between the
: 2000 and the Internet through my modem.
:
: I've gotten each to work independently, but not together since the two want
: to both use the 'ppp0' interface rather than one on the 'ppp0' interface and
: the other on the 'ppp1' interface.

Are you sure you have configured more than one ppp interface into the
kernel?

Like,

pseudo-device ppp 4

?

AFAIK, pppd tries to automatically get the next free ppp interface.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis