Subject: Re: New Snapshot -> no mouse in X11R6
To: None <tjhayko@io.org>
From: the Riz <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: amiga
Date: 09/01/1995 22:39:30
You wrote:

> I just finished installing the new snapshot from Aug 20th, and I'm having a
> problem with it.  My mouse does respond under X11R6.  I've tried both the
> Xamiga and Xdaniver servers.  I've also tried running as root, thinking it
> may have been a permission problem with /dev/mouse or something, but that
> didn't help either.  I did run a MAKEDEV all to recreate everything in /dev.
> Anybody have any ideas what I may have done wrong?

> --
> Tom Hayko
> tjhayko@io.org    http://www.io.org/~tjhayko

I had (have) the same problem... I work around it in the following way:

First, I move the new libc out, to run with the old libc (12.0)
cd /usr/lib
mv libc.so.12.3 lc
ldconfig

Then, I start X.  Most commands complain about the old libc version; once
X is running, though, I do this:

cd /usr/lib
mv lc libc.so.12.3
ldconfig

...and the new libc is being used again.  From what I understand, X needs
to be recompiled... I haven't had the time yet.

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz
riz@boogers.sf.ca.us