Subject: Re: slip and PPP
To: Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com <eeh@btr.btr.com>
From: Calvin <diavolo@azure.engin.umich.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 08/22/1995 18:16:36
On Tue, 22 Aug 1995, Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com wrote:

> I don't think that's much more secure because the password is visible on both
> the shell's command line and the chat command line at the time of connect.
> What I do is use chat -f <file> so none of the chat script is ever visible on
> a command line.

Yeah that's pretty good.  Perhaps that should be put into the FAQ
somewhere.  I skirt the problem because I think that nobody can possibly
log in over the network to see the password until PPP is already
connected.   Except for the console of course...  But using chat -f
solve's that. Thanks.

--
 o/ \o/  o  <o   o  o   o    She walks in  beauty, like the night
<|   |  /|\  |> <|><|> <|\       Of cloudless climes and starry skies;