Subject: Re: slip and PPP
To: None <,>
From: John Shardlow <>
List: amiga
Date: 08/22/1995 19:07:15
> I'd also like to thank John, his advice helped me make a lot of progress
> as well.

No problem.

> Currently I can get the ppp connection established and ping the local
> and remote addresses.  I put the remote hostname and domain into
> /etc/hosts with the address, and now I can telnet to the remote
> host.  I have access to the names and addresses of the name server
> and news server etc... but at this point I'm at a loss, I can't figure
> out what to do with this stuff to get my local software set up.

I'm not sure which local software you mean.

telnet and ftp work fine for me.

I had a bit of hassle setting up /etc/ but mail is flowing fine

I've never got news or WWW stuff running on NetBSD. I still do that on AmigaOS

The nameservers address should go in /etc/resolv.conf in a line like this:

Hope that helps.

|  John Shardlow -  |