Subject: Re: slip and PPP
To: None <diavolo@azure.engin.umich.edu, markg@teleport.com>
From: John Shardlow <john@iceberg.demon.co.uk>
List: amiga
Date: 08/22/1995 19:07:15
> I'd also like to thank John, his advice helped me make a lot of progress
> as well.

No problem.

> Currently I can get the ppp connection established and ping the local
> and remote addresses.  I put the remote hostname and domain into
> /etc/hosts with the address, and now I can telnet to the remote
> host.  I have access to the names and addresses of the name server
> and news server etc... but at this point I'm at a loss, I can't figure
> out what to do with this stuff to get my local software set up.

I'm not sure which local software you mean.

telnet and ftp work fine for me.

I had a bit of hassle setting up /etc/sendmail.cf but mail is flowing fine
now.

I've never got news or WWW stuff running on NetBSD. I still do that on AmigaOS
side.

The nameservers address should go in /etc/resolv.conf in a line like this:

nameserver 1.2.3.4
domain foo.bar.edu

Hope that helps.

John