Subject: Re: /dev/audio
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 08/22/1995 11:56:34
Calvin (diavolo@azure.engin.umich.edu) wrote:
: What is the status of the /dev/audio LKM?

Intended and working for patched (with supplied patches) -1.0 (to my
knowledge), working with easily patched patches with -current last time I
tried.

Klaus Klein (If I remember the name right) is working on integrating
Amiga Audio lowlevel routines with the -current hardware independent
/dev/audio.

:                                            I remember a discussion about
: the implementation of mu-law on the Amiga.  Was this ever done?

For AmigaOS, yes. Its pretty trivial... you only need one or two
translation tables, each 256 bytes long.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis