Subject: Re: 950702 snapshot gives vm_fault?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olivier Lahaye <olivier.lahaye@ramses.fdn.org>
List: amiga
Date: 08/18/1995 15:42:00
In a message of 17 Aug 95 John Vrolijk wrote to All:

About the RETINA_SPEED_HACK:

I'm using a RetinaZIIIblt with NetBSD1.0 (BSDisc November 1994)
My config:
A3000UX
12Mb FAST
2Mb Chip
4Mb RetinaZIIIBlt
a2065 E-NET
Emplant (serial option)
MAG MX-15F
Quantum Fireball 1080S
Quantum ProDrive 105S
Maxtor xxx ??? (639Mb)

Everything is working very well except tha I MUST
reconpiule the kernal to fix the RetinaMemClk to 60Mhz in order
to have a clean display (to avaid garbages)

if the RETINA_SPEED_HACK is an equivalent of the
RetinaMemClk utility, I must say that it is usefull EVEN with MC68030
as I don't have any accelerator board based under the MC68040.

In my opinion, it coms from the 80ms dram speed.
In fact I updated my RetinaZII to a RetinaZIII, and the old 80sDRAMs
have been replaced on the new board.
so my mem speed is limited to 60Mhz instead od 65Mhz.

     Olivier Lahaye   UseNET:  olivier.lahaye@ramses.fdn.org