Subject: formatting a floppy
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Karl Stenerud <esteneru@direct.ca>
List: amiga
Date: 08/18/1995 07:49:37
Just a quick question...

I'm now attempting to install netbsd july 02 snapshot.  Unforunately to
install any version of netbsd 1.0a I have to pull my retina (at least until
I can do a kernel compile).

Next problem is that this "installer" disk I have doesn't like netbsd 1.0a
and gives an init panic.

So, I figured I'd just format another disk while under netbsd 1.0a kernel
and use that.  Only problem is that I don't know what to do for that.  What
should I use to format the disk, and how do I get the devices into the /dev
directory of the disk once I do?

Seems that when I boot into 1.0a it insists that my fs is not clean.  I run
fsck and it says it fixed it but then next time I boot it does it again.

Ok, so mabye not so quick..