Subject: Re: Motif
To: Stefan Kurtz <stkurtz@HRZ.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: amiga
Date: 08/17/1995 18:33:59
> > > AFAIK nobody has Motif libraries for NetBSD-m68k.
> > Then how'd "whoever" build our statically linked Mosaic binary?  Was this
> > some sort of slight-of-hand(tm) trick using cross compiling/linking some
> > other platform?
> Well, a friend of mine has motif for the Sony News 68k system, so there
> definitly is a 68k-version of motif.

Motif is not even available for Sony machines, but also for sun3's,
and as NetBSD/amiga is binary compatible with SunOS for the sun3, it's
possible to use the Sun-libs. One of the Mosaic's here was even
*compiled* on a sun3, not just linked with those libs.

There's noone though who has a source license. Asking the OSF for
obtaining a source license wasn't very succesful if i remember
right (Guenther Grau asked them once). Besides that, they want quite
some money for the source license, and you have to buy for ev
machine you want to sell the libs, i.e. it's not possible to buy the
sources and sell them for i386 AND amiga  (etc.) with only paying
once.

Hubert

      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2455
      Weekends: Bachstr. 40,   D-84066 Mallersdorf, Tel. 08772/6084
      Internet: hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de, IRC: hubertf