Subject: Re: 950702 snapshot gives vm_fault?
To: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@water.emich.edu>
From: John Vrolijk <dsnjvro@etmsun.etm.ericsson.se>
List: amiga
Date: 08/17/1995 14:11:56
Hoi Chris

you wrote:

>>From the log for ite_rh.c
>date: 1995/04/06 19:19:45;  author: chopps;  state: Exp;  lines: +20 -8
>made current retina vertical scroll code conditional on the new
>option RETINA_SPEED_HACK.  Old commented code has been resurected.
>This reportedly fixes the smear problems some retinas have.
>John Vrolijk <dsnjvro@etmsun.etm.ericsson.se> noticed this.
>
>I believe this "smearing" was being seen on 040 systems.  How can I test
>a board I don't have?
>
>Chris.

The old code does fix the "smearing" problem as you call it. It
started after I replaced my 030 board with the 040.
Ian Wellock ( Ian.Wellock@isltd.insignia.com ) had the same problem and
he suggested to me to try and run the 'old' code with the bcopy stuff.
NOTE that this was on NetBSD 1.0.

A dumb question maybe ??? :

Can't you check if the code is running on a 040 or not ?
If it's running on 030 use the 'speed-hack' and if on 040 don't ?

/John