Subject: Re: IVS Trumpcard
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 08/12/1995 18:56:15
On Aug 12,  9:45am, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> On Fri Aug 11 23:25:07 1995, Delcamp Eric wrote:
>
> > I have on my Amiga 2000 an IVS Trumpcard 500 which is not recognized by
> > NetBSD. A quick look-up on the 1.0 source reveal that manufacturer number
> > for IVS is 2112 (ok) but support is not for my card (number 48).
> > Why ? It's a 53c80 based SCSI card like the other Trumpcard.
> > Is it a mistake ? Could I add product 48 on the fly to the source ?
>
> Because noone owned a Trumpcard for the A500, so noone knows the product id
> for it.
> Apply this patch (ohh, this is for netbsd-current, zbus.c is under 1.0 ztwobus.c):

  This should work as long as the Trumpcard 500 is basically the same as
the IVS Vector or Trumpcard (product code 52).

  This could probably also be patched by locating the check for the Trumpcard
product code (52) and changing that comparison to 48.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant