Subject: Re: mount_ados
To: Mark C. Gay <markg@teleport.com>
From: Richard H. Wood <dwood@rhw.pic.net>
List: amiga
Date: 08/12/1995 06:54:55
According to Mark C. Gay:
> Date: Sat, 12 Aug 1995 02:47:43 -0700
> From: "Mark C. Gay" <markg@teleport.com>
>
> I've upgraded using the binary snapshots from ftp.funet.fi, and somewhere
> along the way mount_ados quit working.  I now get the message
>
> mount_ados: mount: Read-only file system
>
> when I try to use it.  Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Yes, it changed quite a while back...just state 'ro' in your /etc/fstab
now for the ados partitions and all will be well; e.g.,
	/dev/sd0i       /ados/sys       ados    ro
	/dev/sd0j       /ados/work      ados    ro

> BTW, are there any sites in the US that have the binary snapshots?  I can't
> find them anywhere but funet, and I hate to have to get that much stuff from
> such a distance.

You must have missed this recent note from Hubert Feyrer:

#Try ftp.uni-regensburg.de:/pub/NetBSD-Amiga or one of it's mirrors (see
#MIRRORS-file): ftp.cs.umn.edu:/pub/NetBSD-Amiga ...

It's much quicker downloading from ftp.cs.umn.edu than .de for
us US folks. ;-)

Richard H. \X/ood                                        dwood@rhw.pic.net
246 Bancroft Drive,     Garland,  TX   75040    USA        +1 214 530 2595