Subject: Re: Hanging on file systems in -current
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@beverly.rhein.de>
List: amiga
Date: 07/31/1995 08:14:16
Eduardo E. Horvath  eeh@btr.com (eeh@btr.btr.com) wrote:
:
: On Thu, 27 Jul 1995, Simon J DeBoer wrote:
:
: > Okay I have compiled the -current sources for the kernel (got them from
: > At this point the drive light is lighted on this drive and it just sits

: I'd say it's the buggy SBIC driver.  I'm working on a newer (better?
: faster?) version that supports disconnect.  In the process I completely
: re-did the state machines so they're much more robust 8^).  However, the

Ah, fine, so I don't have to write down my thoughts about this or even
type them in, compile them, and test them.

: latest version seems to sometimes misplace data 8^(.
:
: As soon as it's stable I plan to get it in to -current.  Until then if
: anyone feels that probing devices is more important than not losing data
: I can probably get you a copy.

No thanks, probably. :-) The workaround is known.

BTW, you should PLEASE PLEASE explicitly negotiate async mode if you
want to do that, e.g. when sbic_inhibit_sync = 0. AFAIK, the sbic
hardware doesn't have any means to reset the scsibus without resetting
all the mainboard, so the first async transfer on the bus will lock up
the machine, too.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis