Subject: Re: Hanging on file systems in -current
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ezra Story <ezy@panix.com>
List: amiga
Date: 07/27/1995 18:09:30

> Okay I have compiled the -current sources for the kernel (got them from
> ftp.netbsd.org) and when I am booting with the new kernel everything is
> proceeding as it has done under -1.0 but it gets to this point:
> ztwobus0 at mainbus0
> gvpbus0 at ztwobus0 rom 0xe90000 man/pro 2017/11
> gtsc0 at gvpbus0: dmamask 0xffffff bounce pa 0x1d3058 maxdma 1024
> scsibus0 at gtsc0
> ahsc0 at mainbus0
> scsibus1 at ahsc0
> ahsc0 targ 0 lun 0: <SEAGATE ST157N          \^D|j> SCSI1 direct fixed
> sd0 at scsibus1: 46MB, 613 cyl, 6 head, 25 sec, 512 bytes/sec
> ahsc0 targ 1 lun 0: <SEAGATE ST251N          \^D\^K\^G> SCSI1 direct fixed
> sd1 at scsibus1: 41MB, 818 cyl, 4 head, 25 sec, 512 bytes/sec
>
> At this point the drive light is lighted on this drive and it just sits
> there waiting...Now I have an A3000 without any additional hardware, the

This sounds like good old synchronous mode.  Edit
/sys/arch/amiga/dev/sbic.c and change
    int sbic_inhibit_sync = 0;
    int sbic_inhibit_sync = 1;

and recompile.

BTW, is there really ANY reason to have sync on by default?  The worst case
with it off is that your drive may not be used to it maximum speed.. the
worst case with it on is that your drive may not work at ALL.  I know which
default .I'd. choose. :-)

Ezra