Subject: Configuration Help!!
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthew Cowen <matthew@virek.demon.co.uk>
List: amiga
Date: 07/18/1995 19:37:18
Hello all :)

I wonder if you can help me please.

I recently installed NetBSD 1.0 onmy A4000/030 50Mhz
(with MMU) and 18Mb RAM.

I followed the instructions in the install.txt file
and got it working (just about).  My problem begins
when I try to edit files to further configure the
system.

For example i get errors when I try to run vi:

Error: Initscr failed: No such file or directory
amiga: Unknown terminal type, or terminal lacks necessary
features.

I have subsequently found out that there is NO termcap
file setup...is this correct?  Shouldn't Configure have
done that for me.

Plus while I'm here it doesn't like my host and domain
names when I enter them during the installation...it
doesn't halt the installation it just says that they are
invalid, any ideas?

TIA

Matthew