Subject: Re: newfs
To: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
From: Arlo T. Moran <atmoran@jupiter.acs.oakland.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 07/15/1995 14:09:32
On Fri, 14 Jul 1995, Michael L. Hitch wrote:

>   No, NetBSD also supports 1760K disks - at least it works on the one on
> my A4000.
>
>   The driver does require that the drive identify the type of disk though,
> so if the drive does not report that it has an HD floppy, the driver won't
> switch to the HD parameters.

Hmm.  The trouble seems to be that whenever the drive accesses an HD disk
it takes a second to recognize it; under NetBSD it never gets past that
stage.  Does the A4000 internal drive go halfspeed with HD disks like this
one does?

Also, I enabled the external drive merely by adding the line:
fd1 at fdc0 unit 1
to the std.amiga file in src/sys/arch/amiga/conf and remaking the
kernal.  Are there any other params I need to include to make the kernal
recognize it as an HD drive?

Arlo T. Moran
atmoran@oakland.edu