Subject: Re: 070295 snapshot
To: None <Chris_Mattingly@ncsu.edu>
From: Blaz Zupan <blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si>
List: amiga
Date: 07/10/1995 21:48:51
> Has anyone else had problems with networking?
>
> I supped yesterday (Sunday), put the new kernel in place (for loadbsd and /
> purposes), downloaded the snapshot, put it in place, rebooted, and tried
> to restart ppp (using same options, etc, etc), and it doesn't work.
>
> My /etc/ppp/options file basically has "noipdefault 57600" and so on.
> I start pppd, and it talks to the server just fine.  It gets my ip address
> right, sets up the routing table properly, but every net command I use
> (ping, telnet, rlogin) says "Network is down" or "No route to host".
>
> Is this an amiga snapshot thing, or should I cc: this to current-users?

The problem is an inconsistency between your kernel and the snapshot.
You need a new pppd, it changed in the time after the snapshot was
made (upgraded to 2.2.0). Download and compile a new one and everything
should work just fine (it does for me and I had the same problems).

Blaz

--
  Blaz Zupan, Ljubljanska 19/b, 62000 Maribor, Slovenia
     blaz.zupan@uni-mb.si, 2:380/104.40, GMIZO::BLAZ