Subject: Re: NetBSD-current... (Sync disk transfers)
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Thieleke <thieleke@picabo.icaen.uiowa.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 07/10/1995 01:02:54
> > that is good, however, when starts checking my devices sd0, etc, it hangs
> > (and yes, it works with v1.0).  This is what I get on the screen:
> >
> >    ahsc0: target 3 now synchronous, period = 208ns , offset = 12.
> >    ahsc0: abort icmd: csr = 0x4b, asr = 0x00
> >    sbicwait TIMEO @417 with asr=x0 csr=x4b
> >
> I have had a similar problem with the -current realeases and my system in
> not at all similar to Rafael's, I have a standard A3000 with a GVP Scsi
> card in it (Just sitting there really from the point of view of NetBSD).
> When fsck runs I get something very similar to the above when checking my
> third physical drive.

Synchronous disk transfers were disabled by default with NetBSD 1.0, but
enabled with -current.  Some SCSI controllers and/or drives don't work
with sync transfers (I know my GVP A530 doesn't).

If you are having problems with synchronous mode, either edit
/sys/arch/amiga/dev/sbic.c and change 'sbic_inhibit_sync = 0' to 1.
Or use binpatch, and change _sbic_inhibit_sync as above.

---
Jeff Thieleke
thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu
http://www.icaen.uiowa.edu/~thielekee